UPHOLSTERER m | f | d
WHAT IS IT?
- Upholsterers produce a wide range of chair upholstery and other upholstered furniture.
- They work with their hands, as well as with technical equipment such as cutters and upholstery machines. In the course of their training, they also learn how to create templates, sew fabrics together, and cover, upholster, and cut fabrics.
- Upholsterers acquire in-depth knowledge of a range of plant-based, chemical, and synthetic fabrics, as well as of various fillers that can be used for upholstering.
- Toward the end of their training, upholsterers finish their fabrics with trimmings such as piping and braiding. They also carry out quality-assurance work.
- Preparation for processes and both checking and assessing work results also lie within the remit of an upholsterer.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE JOB
- craft skills
- an eye for aesthetics
DURATION OF TRAINING
Training to be an upholsterer takes 3 years.
Kippenheimer Str. 6
T +49 7825.901-243